Intern reporters at the New England Center for Investigative Reporting gain hands-on experience working on investigative projects under the direction of staff journalists. Often, their research and reporting leads to stories for NECIR news partners such as the Boston Globe and WGBH public radio. Interns will gain experience in:
- Public records research
- Database analysis
- Computer-assisted reporting (CAR)
- Investigative reporting process
- Working closely with a team of experienced reporters
This is a non-paid internship for which students can arrange course credit at their home college or university.
- February 1 for summer internships
- July 15 for fall internships
- November 1 for spring internship
To apply for our internship, please click here.